Sunday, August 15, 2010

Less than 2 weeks till China

In less than two weeks my coach Brian Bird and I will be heading off to compete in the first SportAccord World Combat Games in Beijing, China August 28 – September 4, 2010. Winning at the 2010 FILA Grappling World Championships in Krakow, Poland is how I qualified for the chance to compete for my country at the World Combat Games along with 7 other women representing countries from all over the world. I am very proud to be the Canadian representative for Grappling.

For getting prepared for this event I have been able to train very specific for each of my possible opponents because I know who each of them are and their fighting styles. I always like to come in with a game plan.

I have been putting in many hours of training to get ready including BJJ, wrestling, running and hard physical circuits to get me in shape. No matter what the outcome, I have put in all the time and effort possible and will do my best. I am strong, fast, prepared. I have put in the time and the effort. I want to win, I can win, I will win. :-)

It will be nice to be able to take a week vacation after the games to give my mind a body a rest.

Needless to say I am excited to compete but I will be able to watch the other sports too. The hotel we are staying in is amazing. http://www.bjfriendshiphotel.com/english/Article/others/200812/11.html



No comments:

Post a Comment