Friday, August 27, 2010

Off to China

I am sitting in the airport in Vancouver getting ready for my flight to Beijing, China and the World Combat Games. So many months of training for this moment. It is very exciting.

I was just invited yesterday to be one of the 96 athletes to march in the opening ceremonies for the games. There are over 1000 competitors in 13 styles of fighting. I am very honoured for this opportunity. My Gold medal at the Fila World Championships is how I qualified for this all expense paid trip to China to compete. I think that success was why I was chosen to represent Canada at the opening ceremonies.

I have been told that Facebook doesn't work in China so I will have to update my blog more to keep everyone posted on the event and my results. I weigh in on Sept 1st and fight Sept 2nd.

It can be up to 3 matches for the Gold medal. My opponents come from all over including France, Sweden, Poland, USA & Russia.

I will keep you posted on more info.

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment