Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Crash dieting for fights vs regular meal planning

I imagine after a longer period of time I will have more concrete info to talk about but for now I can't help but share some of my new found experiences.

For pretty much all my fights and last World Championships I have worked towards since 2008 I have not had too much difficulty making my weight for the weigh ins sometimes have to cut up to18 pounds within a 2 week time frame. I know lots of athletes do this but it is not the best diet plan for sure. Now, things happen last minute and I get that. The worst part for me is I LOVE food so it makes these crash diets right before a tournament extra torture. Luckily I have been stubborn and do it anyways. The main reason why these crash diets are hard is because normally I like to eat anything I want and then because I have to buckle down before the tournament it feels like I am an adict going cold turkey on many of the foods I eat. Once I compete I always fall right of the wagon and gorge myself and feel like crap doing but it has been hard to keep self control when I have been starving myself.

I think this issue might now be over for good. I recently started a new diet that is all set out for me. How many meals I get per day, how many snacks, portions, caleries and a grocery list to boot with the recipes included. The hardest decision I have usually have in a given day when I am busy is what to eat. Now, that stress is taken care of. Now, because this diet gives me constant, healthy nourishment including yummy meals I enjoy I don't feel like I am craving junk food and sugar anymore. I really turned this negative mind set into a positive experience. I am excited for my food like I always have been but having the meals be tasty and healthy I feel an overall feeling of happiness for my body, energy levels and my mind.

I want to be ready all the time to fight at a good healthy weight without depleting my body of the healthy foods it needs. So far, many of my training partners and friends have also gone of this meal plan and have acheived excellend results. The master mind behind all of this is our Yoga instructor at Champions Creed Nichole Teering. She has many credetials being a nutritionist, reflexologist, yoga teacher, acupucturist and I highly recommend her to anyone looking to make some health changes in the life.

Here is Nichole's website if you want to check it out.
http://www.downtoearthhealthservices.com/

4 comments:

  1. One of the quickest tracks to weight loss is a liquid diet. While results may be rapid, improper ingredients or infrequent intake can ruin your efforts. Getting information on what works well for your goals and how to maximize efforts is always a smart choice. You can lose weight and get great results on a liquid diet with a few tips. Thanks.
    hcg 1234

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each pound of body fat is maintained by less than one extra calorie per hour. In general, obesity is not a condition maintained by overeating obesity is a condition brought about and maintained by eating more calories than the body uses, consistently. Thanks.
    Regards,
    how to gain weight

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. diet The quality of information that you are providing is simply marvelous.

    ReplyDelete