Friday, July 20, 2012

UFC week

This week has been nuts with all the MMA fighters, coaches and fans coming out. The UFC open workouts were a huge hit at CCMA. I was on cloud 9 getting to see all the fighters and soak up the energy and excitement of all the Calgary fans, finally getting a UFC in Cowtown. Just one more day, the biggest day of all; getting to see my hero Nick Ring get in the cage and showcase his fighting skills and represent Calgary in front of all his fans. I'm so excited. I was at the weigh ins earlier today and when Nick stepped onto the stage in his Flames jersey the fans went wild. He was the only fighter who got a standing ovation. Not even the main event fighters got that honour. Even though it was only the weigh ins I was feeling nervous. I always find it harder to be in the crowd waiting. I would rather be fighting. I think most people feel the opposite, but hey, fighters fight and that's what I want to get doing again soon. Being in the crowd is torture.

After the weigh ins I rushed back to the club and got to train with Adam Zugec, Sarah Kaufman's coach. Always a pleasure to roll with a Black belt of his caliber. I never worry about getting hurt when I train with skilled BJJ guys, they have great control and awesome techniques.





1 comment:

  1. The preparation of the UFC week was very overwhelming, each of the team, fans and supporters really make their efforts. And for the incoming fight this Nov. 16, I'm sure it will be a big day for Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Training Camp Head Coach Brian Ebersole (www.brianebersole.com) and for Rick “The Horror” Story.

    ReplyDelete